There are uncountable brands and watches which are nice. Here are some watches and details about it. Enjoy!
YEMA Yachtingraf Croisière 1969
Yema – a wellknown brand in France, got a eventful history with some take-over. In the 60s Yema produced 300.000 watches per year. 1963 was launched the “Superman”, a 300m water-resistant Watch for professional diver.
1966/67 was selled 400.000 Yema watches. 1968 they constructed the 200m water-resistant Yachtingraf, with Valjoux movement.
There are 6 different Yachtingraf:
- 1966: first, very rare Yachtingraf ith Valjoux 92
- 1966-67 Yachtingraf with Valjoux 7730
- further developed Valjoux 7733 – all with 2 subdials till then
- Yachtingraf with Valjoux 7734 – with date
- 1969 comes to market the Yema Yachtingraf Croisière (with the cross over 6), equipped with Valjoux 7736
- End 1969 / early 1979 developed the modell “Régate”, builded with a Valjoux 7733S, got a modification to shows the Regatta-Countdown with a colored code and counting numbers – like you may know from the Regate by Aquastar. These last Yachtingraf comes in 2 different sizes: the normal one (39mm) and the so-called “Jumbo” with 44 mm diameter, recognizable on the small ship in the blue circle on the dial over 6 – sometimes called “the 7th Yachtingraf”.
Next to the Yachting Chronographs there are the well-known Car-Racing Chronographs – the Rallygraf and the Chronograph for the pilots Flygraf (1970).
milestones of YEMA
- 1948 formation of YEMA by M. Henri Louis BELMONT
- 1950 Introduction of the anti-shock wrist-watch
- 1953 launch of the first water-resistent watches
- 1956 automatic watch Sous-Marine
- 1957 first Chronographs
- 1960 300.000 watches per year selled
- 1963 build the SUPERMAN, professional diver watch with 300 meters
- 1967 the french brand with the most exports
- 1968 launch of the YACHTINGRAF (sailing watch)
- 1969 500.000 watches in 50 countries selled
- 1970 market launch of RALLYGRAF and FLYGRAF
- 1974 started with YEMA quartz
- 1975 YEMA FAIRCHILD, diodewatch
- 1982 Sale of the SPATIONAUTE I, weared by Jean-Loup CHRÉTIEN, first french astronaut
- 1985 launched the SPATIONAUTE II, weared by Patrick BAUDRY (french astronaut)
- 1986 NORTH POLE by Jean-Louis ETIENNE, worst selling watch
- 1989 Re-edition of FLYGRAF
- 1990 Launch of the Bipôle
- 1997 Sale per year of 140.000 watches – CAP HORN starts
- 2002 watches branded by Dolce&Gabanna, Nike and Breil
Memosail Regatta-Timer from the 70s
Memosail was made by the brand Memotime, founded in the 70s by Swiss watchmakers passionate by sailing. The movements to countdown the 10 and 5 minutes before a regatta starts was developed and patented by them under the sub-brand Memosail. 1992 Memotime was official sponsor of the America 3 on the America´s Cup. 2003 a new collection was launched after a take-over from the former owner CORUM to a young group of watchmakers to build watches for maritime sports with the Memotime patented calibre 883.
This watch here runs a manual-winding Valjoux 7737 and the special is a 10-minute Sailrace-Starting Counter. The Countdown runs from 10 to “Start” and then – run the race!
Near sqare case with screwed back, 41mm without crown.
There are different builds of this Memosail Timer, but all with identical movement:
same dial like this in a round case
marked V.I.P. Memosail on dial
gray hands and gray instead of white on the dial